Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the great thing about small percentages is that they are often associated with big numbers

Do you get that Wikipedia FarmVille value describes Farmville as "a real time farming simulator". This is truly great, I mean amazing, I mean this is Crazy. And the most remarkable thing about it is that in some perverted sense it's actually true.

A simulation also from Wikipedia:
"Simulation is the imitation of some real thing, state of affairs, or process. The act of simulating something generally entails representing certain key characteristics or behaviours of a selected physical or abstract system."

I assume that all FarmVille players will agree with the simulation and all real farmers as opposed to FarmVille simulation players who will be absolutely annoyed and even offended from the mar proposal of idea.
BTW
Does any body know if there is a single word describing a user of a simulation?

Well any way, I’m no farmer though I did grow some tomatoes on the side of the window in a flowerpot. I hope I remember it correctly, this was several year ago, around age eleven; tomatoes took a lot longer to grow than 8 hours. i think it was at least several days.

the point I building up towards, so ladies and gentleman please start hearing the imaginary drums in your head bit in a steady rhythm.
The world population is currently around 7 Billion. FarmVille has 83~ million users. This is more than 1% percent of the world ENTIRE population. Amazing, Mind boggling. I lack the words…

No comments:

Post a Comment